WELCOME TO THE FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
Just in time for
Show your current Del Webb Library Friends Membership card to receive valuable discounts. Be sure to look for the posters in stores and store windows for participating businesses.
See a list of all participating
Our Mission: The Friends of the Del Webb Library at Indian Land is a non-profit, non-political, volunteer service organization formed to promote and support the literary, educational, and community roles of the Library.
As a branch of the Lancaster County Library, with limited funds, increasing costs and the desire to expand its services, the Del Webb Library at Indian Land needs community support.
The Friends of the Del Webb Library:
- Promotes the library and its services to the community
- Hosts special events and projects to benefit the library
- Raises funds for library programs, services, and facilities
You can provide the support the library needs to continue to offer its existing services, as well as to expand its book collections, media collections, and computer technology.
The Friends of the Del Webb Library at Indian Land is a Sec. 501 (c) (3) organization, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. Your membership or donation is tax deductible.
Memberships are available at many levels. Every membership is a donation to support our Library.
We even have special student memberships open to high school and college students with a valid school ID.
Membership can also include sharing your experience and talent. There are many ways to become involved.
Work with our committees or volunteer for a special event.
By becoming a Friends member you become a community ambassador for the Library.
Fill out a membership form now.
Friends of the Del Webb Library
• 7641 Charlotte Hwy •
Indian Land, SC • 29707
As a member of the Friends of the Del Webb Library, you receive the following benefits:
- Eligible to join Founders Federal Credit Union http://www.foundersfcu.com
- Early admittance to quarterly book sales
- Discount tickets to
- Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens. If you have not been to Riverbanks or are not familiar with it, you can check their Web site at www.riverbanks.org. It’s a great place to spend the day with your children or grandchildren and, as you will see, they have much to offer. If you are interested in purchasing discount tickets to Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens please see a library staff member.
- The Cultural and Heritage Museum which includes four wonderful family experiences: The Museum of York County, Historic Brattonsville, the McCelvey Center, and Main Street Children’s Museum. For a description of these venues, check their Web site at www.chmuseums.org. As a Friends Member you are eligible for two (2) buy one, get one free coupons per year to use at any of the above museums.
We continue to seek out other organizations in an attempt to build additional relationships thus bringing you more benefits.
Our newsletter, Among Friends, offers valuable information on upcoming Friends events along with other current news, including new and expanded programs for children and adults and book sales. Learn how to join the Friends, check out volunteer opportunities and applaud our new members and donors. Anyone may pick up a free copy at the front desk of the Del Webb Library. Recieve a copy of our our latest eNewsletter by emailing us at email@example.com. Share a copy with someone to help us get the word out on what Friends is all about!
View Del Webb Library event photos. Voice your opinion on various subjects including what you are reading in the “Discussions” section. Learn about library-related projects and events from charity sales to book sales. Keep in touch with the library. The children’s librarian regularly posts information on programs from young children to teens. The Friends Book Shop posts information on latest books and Friends merchandise for sale. Let the library hear from you. What programs would you like to see? What books do you want to read?
Learn more at: http://www.facebook.com/ILFOLibrary
We Accept and sell books
The shop officially opened for business in March 2009. Items for sale include books for all ages, movies, CDs and DVDs, as well as Friends merchandise.
Friends Shop accepts gently used books (hard cover and paperbacks), movies, CDs and DVDs.
The library reviews donations and selects items needed for the three county branches. Remaining donations go to the Friends Shop.
Donate books or Volunteer
The Friends acknowledges the importance of gifts and donations and welcomes individuals, foundations, corporations and community groups to help them to provide enhancements to the existing programs and services available at the Del Webb Library at Indian Land. This support ensures that the Library remains an innovative and exceptional provider of information, lifelong learning, and leisure pursuits for the citizens of the Indian Land community.
• Donation levels/memberships •